Home News Pizza Hut employees gang up on father of three after order issue,...

Pizza Hut employees gang up on father of three after order issue, used kitchen knife to stab him


Source: Go Fund Me

Rachel Rice
St. Louis Post-Dispatch

A man survived after being repeatedly stabbed Monday night west of Carondelet Park.

The 29-year-old victim was attacked about 8:15 p.m. in the 4300 block of Loughborough Avenue, near Morganford Road, police said. He had puncture wounds to his chest and other parts of his body.

He was hospitalized in critical but stable condition.

Police arrested a 24-year-old man but haven’t released his name.

Police said a large fight led to the stabbing, which happened in the Boulevard Heights neighborhood of St. Louis.

The victim was identified by family members as Isiah Hudson Sr. His wife, Teneisha Cruz, told the Post-Dispatch on Tuesday that Hudson was attacked outside a Pizza Hut restaurant on Loughborough by people who worked there.

His family said Hudson was stabbed nine times.

The incident began when Hudson took home an order and found that it was incorrect, Cruz said. He called the restaurant and the discussion turned combative.

Hudson, Cruz and their three children went to the store, and Cruz said at least two employees wanted to fight Hudson.

“I pulled my car out front and said, ‘This is not that, you are not fixing to fight,’” Cruz said. “You just don’t do that. You work for Pizza Hut.”

She said one of the workers stabbed her husband with a knife. She said she pulled Hudson into their car and drove him to a hospital.

“Blood went everywhere,” Cruz said. “My oldest daughter, she seen everything once he got in the car, and she said, ‘Daddy, you’re gonna be OK, don’t leave me.’”

A manager at the Pizza Hut told the Post-Dispatch that “higher ups” directed him not to discuss the matter.

A call to the company’s media line was not returned Tuesday.

St. Louis police officer Michelle Woodling, a spokeswoman for the department, said the police report on the stabbing wasn’t finished and she didn’t have information about a connection to the restaurant. Woodling added that she wouldn’t comment anyway on a suspect’s employer.

The family has set up a GoFundMe account to help with his recovery. Hudson drives trucks for a living and does yard work and will likely be out of work for several weeks, said Hudson’s brother, Nathaniel Hudson.


©2020 the St. Louis Post-Dispatch

Visit the St. Louis Post-Dispatch at www.stltoday.com

Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

If you have any problems viewing this article, please report it here.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here