An Oregon deputy saved his fellow deputy’s four-legged partner from a near-fatal drug overdose, administering Narcan in order to save her life.
Clackamas County Sheriff’s K-9 Abbie was sniffing for contraband in the jail on Tuesday night when she detected heroin in a container. When the container spilled, Abbie became exposed to the deadly substance
Showing serious signs of exposure, another K-9 handler quickly delivered a special Narcan kit for dogs, allowing the medicine to be administered in a timely fashion
According to KGW8, Abbie spent a night in the animal hospital and was released for duty yesterday, where she was reportedly trying to “figure out why it was so hot” out.
K-9 Narcan kits utilize a special muzzle device that allows the medication to be administered to the dogs, who often get much closer to dangerous substances than their human counterparts.
The incident was the first -and hopefully last- time Clackamas County had to use the K-9 Narcan kit.
© 2018 Bright Mountain Media, Inc. All rights reserved. The content of this webpage may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written consent of Bright Mountain Media, Inc. which may be contacted at email@example.com, ticker BMTM.